About Today’s Guest:
Dr. Julie Kinn is a licensed clinical psychologist with over 15 years of experience researching and implementing health technology for suicide prevention and other behavioral health promotion. At the Department of Defense (DOD) and the Defense Health Agency (DHA), Dr. Kinn oversees the development and implementation of health technology for the military and veteran communities. She also initiated the Military Health Podcast program and produces/hosts three DOD podcasts: “A Better Night’s Sleep”, “The Military Meditation Coach”, and “Next Generation Behavioral Health”
In this Episode, you will learn:
- Dr. Kinn’s background and experience
- DHA Connected Health
- Adapting technology use to benefit wellness
- Adapting to using technology for mental health treatment support
- Using technology to familiarize users with treatment
- Clinicians using technology to support therapy the same way they recommend books and other resources
- DHA Connected Health Podcasts
- Podcasts as resources to spread information and increase awareness
- The DHA Technology Education Program
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Connected Health on Social Media
Want to learn more about Service Members, Veterans, and Military Family Member Mental Health?
Do you want to help offset some of the costs of the Head Space and Timing Blog and Podcast? Want to show your appreciation and support? You can put some paper in the tip jar by going here or clicking the button below
Want to keep up with the latest Head Space and Timing content?
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released. You can also find all of the podcast players here.
Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy: Veteran Mental Health in Post-Military Life? Check it out!