Raul Juarez is an experienced educator with a demonstrated history of working in social justice and military veteran advocacy initiatives. Skilled in Disability Awareness Training, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Nonprofit Organizations, Intelligence Analysis and Government work. Dedicated professional who is passionate about volunteer work and committed to using his education and platform to empower others to improve their community.
Raul is an Air Force veteran who completed a six month fellowship service with the Mission Continues. After serving 10 years in the military, he earned a Master’s degree in Adult Education from Park University, a Master’s degree in Human Development and Psychology from Harvard University, and is currently obtaining a Master’s degree in Sports Administration and Education from University of Miami..
In this Episode, you will learn:
- Raul’s background and experience
- Enlisting before 9/11 and how things change in the military after it
- Anxiety about deployments compared to anxiety about leaving the military
- Different reactions to post-military life
- Education as both a student and teacher as a path outside the military
- Self-selecting out of Ivy League schools
- Purpose through Service
- Impact of the “New” veteran service organizations
- Veterans as an under-represented population outside of the miltiary
- Similarities between former athletes and former service members
- Life Long Learning
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
Raul on Social Media:
Raul’s email email@example.com
Do you want to help offset some of the costs of the Head Space and Timing Blog and Podcast? Want to show your appreciation and support? You can put some paper in the tip jar by going here or clicking the button below
Want to keep up with the latest Head Space and Timing content? Sign up on Facebook Messenger
You can be sure to find future episodes of Head Space and Timing by subscribing through your Podcast player of choice, like iTunes. Make sure to leave a review…see how hereUsing an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released. You can also find all of the podcast players here.Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy: Veteran Mental Health in Post-Military Life? Check it out!