Lancaster University, 2001.
University of British Columbia, 2002.
University of Nebraska – Lincoln, 2005.
University of Nebraska – Lincoln, 2008.
Psychology Intern (predoctoral training), Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago , 2007-2008.
Clinical Research Fellow, National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston , 2008-2010.
Teaching Fellow, Division of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston , 2008-2010.
Instructor B, Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine , 2010-2011.
In This Particular Episode You Will Learn:
- Carmen’s background and expereince
- Research in Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Avoiding therapy to protect the clinicina
- Veterans seeking resources in the middle of the night
- Training for providers
- Finding the right clients for Prolonged Exposure
- Preparing a veteran to recall experiences
- Informing clients about treatment
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Carmen’s email: Carmen.McLean4@va.gov
Want to keep up with all of the Head Space and Timing content? Subscribe Here
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released. You can also find all of the podcast players here.
Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy? Check it out by finding it on Amazon.