Dr. Phllip Smith and Nick Fadoir currently work at the Department of Psychology, University of South Alabama.
M.A. Psychology, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
M.S. Psychology, Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
B.A. Psychology, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
In This Particular Episode You Will Learn:
- Dr. Smith and Mr. Fadoir’s background and experience
- The exclusion of suicidal clients in clinical trials of psychological interventions.
- Military service as a historical protective factor regarding suicide, changing around 2001
- David Rudd and the Fluid Vulnerability Theory of suicide risk: a “danger zone” of suicide
- Suicide risk as dynamic and changeable rather than fixed
- Suicide being both common and rare
- Operation Deep Dive
- Community connection and collaboration as a protective factor around suicide
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
University of South Alabama JagConnect Campus Suicide Prevention Program
Want to keep up with all of the Head Space and Timing content? Subscribe Here
You can be sure to find future episodes of Head Space and Timing by subscribing through your Podcast player of choice, like iTunes. Make sure to leave a review…see how here
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released. You can also find all of the podcast players here.
Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy? Check it out by finding it on Amazon.