Stephanie is the mother of a veteran who passed away in January of 2016 while waiting for treatment from the VA for PTSD and addiction. She is now an advocate for improved veterans services, particularly in the area of mental health issues, as well as one of the many voices in the efforts to take down the current opioid crisis in our country. She is available to speak on these subjects in any arena, and am happy to do all she can to help veterans and veteran support organizations as well as those working in addiction services.
In This Particular Episode You Will Learn:
- Stephanie’s background and experience
- Daniel Keegan’s background and experience
- Advocacy for veterans
- Listening to the whole story of a veteran’s experience rather than just the snapshot
- Using Daniel’s story to bridge the gap between those who have served and those who have not
- Stop the Addiction Fatality Epidemic (S.A.F.E. Project US)
- Veteran Courts
- The Know Your Veterans Act
- Warm Handoff cooperation between DoD and VA
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to keep up with all of the Head Space and Timing content? Subscribe Here
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released. You can also find all of the podcast players here.
Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy? Check it out by finding it on Amazon.