Reg McCutcheon is a retired Lt Col from the US Air Force, a combat veteran and Bronze Star recipient. Reg has served in many capacities in his career to include squadron commander, chief of operations training, NATO senior planner, combat crew commander and regional director of admissions at the USAF Academy. He is currently operating Kindle Lodge in Quitman, Georgia.
Kindle Lodge is focused on helping Service Members, Veterans and their families overcome the challenges they sometimes experience because of that service. They us a Post Traumatic Growth model that is rooted in an experiential therapeutic modality, a clinically sound and effective treatment that doesn’t use medicines to create change. As an experiential program, they have and use a wide range of methods EMDR, Equine Assisted, and other therapeutic situations to provide a wide range of support programs to include individual, couple, family, and group therapy, peer-mentoring, and coaching. Kindle Lodge is passionate about helping service members and veterans overcome the wounds of war. Their focus is at reconnecting and integrating the Veteran with their families and a community that believes in their contribution and potential.
In This Particular Episode You Will Learn:
- Reg’s background and experience
- The transition from a job with Missile Command in the Air Force to veteran mental health
- Why Reg chose Marriage and Family Therapy as a concentration
- The impact on and by the family on veteran mental health
- The need for understanding of both clinical mental health and military experience
- How the family support leads to veteran mental health
- Educating the community and family about veteran mental health
- “Begin and end with veteran mental wellness in mind”
- Expanding the tribe by bringing more people into understanding about veteran mental health
- Getting involved in your local community
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to keep up with all of the Head Space and Timing content? Subscribe Here
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released. You can also find all of the podcast players here.
Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy? Check it out by finding it on Amazon.