Rhi is a Personal branding pro, Online job search nerd, Happiest when creating, Identifies others’ strengths, Loves to hear, read, tell, and write compelling stories. She works from a belief in the inherent worth and unique value of each individual, and the knowledge that we’re better together.She has teamwork, planning, communication & problem-solving skills galvanized by USAF aircrew experience.
Rhi is on fire about social media outreach! Established and managed social media presence for Veterans Employment Team; devised strategy, created brand identity, and collaborated with community partners to open communication channels with 659 Veterans and Veteran supporters. Co-managed spin-off campaign page, reaching 975 Veterans, Veteran supporters, and employers, ultimately facilitating job matches and influencing the hiring of 261 Veterans in 100 days.
In This Particular Episode You Will Learn:
- Rhi’s military background
- Rhi’s experience regarding veteran mental health
- The stigma that keeps veterans from showing what’s really going on behind our masks
- The Why So Serious Blog Post
- Integrating the funny stuff and the serious stuff from our military experinece
- Finding and reliving humor from our service as often, or more often, than the serious stuff
- Accesing Joy
- Enjoying post-military life
- Ernest Hemingway and the Post WWI Lost Generation
- The need to normalize veteran mental health
- Awareness of Triggers
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to keep up with all of the Head Space and Timing content? Subscribe Here
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released. You can also find all of the podcast players here.
Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy? Check it out by finding it on Amazon.