Adam Schumann, 36, served with 2nd Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment in Iraq during 2007-2008. He was one of the soldiers profiled in journalist David Finkel’s 2013 book, Thank You For Your Service. Schumann inspired the main character in Dreamworks’ feature film adaptation of the same name.
In this Episode, you will learn:
- Adam’s background and experience
- Meeting David Finkel in Iraq and sharing Adam’s story
- Response to the movie from other veterans
- Getting mental health treatment for the first time
- Pathway Home and Fred Gusman
- Reasons for seeking mental health counseling
- Adam as a Peer Support Specialist for the Pathway Home
- Telling our stories to help others
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
Thank You For Your Service Article in Stars and Stripes
Want to keep up with all of the Head Space and Timing content? Subscribe Here
You can be sure to find future episodes of Head Space and Timing by subscribing through your Podcast player of choice, like iTunes.
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released.
Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy? Check it out by finding it on Amazon.