Dr. Avery is currently a postdoctoral research fellow at the War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC) at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. His research interests include mechanisms of change in complementary and integrative medicine interventions, yoga in particular, in treatment of posttraumatic stress and chronic pain. Additional topics of interest include posttraumatic growth, moral injury, attentional control/executive function, interoceptive awareness, and behavioral sleep interventions.
In This Particular Episode You Will Learn:
- Timothy’s background and military experience
- Serving in the reserve component
- Juggling deployment and employment in the private sector
- Moving from the corporate world to the Mental Health industry
- Military Service as a specific culture
- Cultural development in the military
- Lack of cultural development when leaving the military
- The Veterans Yoga Project
- Embodied emotion
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to keep up with all of the Head Space and Timing content? Subscribe Here
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Head Space and Timing within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released. You can also find all of the podcast players here.
Do you want to check out Duane’s latest book, Combat Vet Don’t Mean Crazy? Check it out by finding it on Amazon.