This is the 8th episode of the Veteran Mental Health Boot Camp, a series of podcasts that is looking at all aspects of Veteran Mental Health. Check out the first episode and all episodes as they’re released by going here
Dr. Aaron James Smith is a United States Marine and Associate Professor at Western Washington University. His focus is on military veterans and Existential Psychotherapy.
IN THIS PARTICULAR EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Aaron’s journey from the Marines to Veteran Mental Health
- Lack of conversation about purpose and meaning in veteran mental health
- Logotherapy and Viktor Frankl
- Identifying the future in order to deal with the past
- Three tenets of logotherapy: Freedom of Will, Will to Meaning, and Meaning of Life
- Veterans already have the knowledge to heal, they just need help to become aware of it
- Posttrauamtic Growth
- Veterans and awareness of their own mortality
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Man’s Search for Meaning: Viktor Frankl
The Doctor and the Soul: Viktor Frankl
Gift of Therapy: Irvin Yalom
Staring At The Sun: Irvin Yalom
Are You Just Starting on this series? Check out the first episode and all episodes as they’re released by going here
We would love to hear your feedback on the Change Your POV Podcast Network! Give us anonymous feedback by filling out this short survey here
You can be sure to find future episodes of Head Space and Timing, and all of the CYPOV Podcast Network Shows, by subscribing through your Podcast player of choice, like iTunes.
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Change Your POV Podcast within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released.
Please Leave a Review on iTunes – Learn How Here.