This is the 2nd episode of the Veteran Mental Health Boot Camp, a series of podcasts that is looking at all aspects of Veteran Mental Health. Check out the first episode and all episodes as they’re released by going here
David is currently the CMO at Dogu, a Norwegian SaaS start-up. In addition to his roles in sales and marketing, he enjoys volunteering, speaking and working with veterans. He has served in combat with the US Marines, worked on Wall Street, led international disaster response teams and conducted humanitarian missions around the world.
In his free time, he’s an avid athlete, outdoorsman and volunteer with travel to over 50 countries on 6 continents. His passions include leadership, entrepreneurship, technology, and strategy.
IN THIS PARTICULAR EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- David’s military experience, including action in Najaf and Karballah
- Adrenaline seeking after leaving the military
- The urge to continue to carry a “sword and shield” even when its not necessary
- Not understanding what’s happening, psychologically, after leaving the military
- Clay Hunt and his influence on David’s decision to start talking about mental health
- Overcoming stigma to talk about mental health
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Are You Just Starting on this series? Check out the first episode and all episodes as they’re released by going here
We would love to hear your feedback on the Change Your POV Podcast Network! Give us anonymous feedback by filling out this short survey here
You can be sure to find future episodes of Head Space and Timing, and all of the CYPOV Podcast Network Shows, by subscribing through your Podcast player of choice, like iTunes.
Using an app makes subscribing and listening to podcasts (both ours and others) so much simpler. Just subscribe to Change Your POV Podcast within your app and it will automatically update every time a new episode is released.
Please Leave a Review on iTunes – Learn How Here.